Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Killers

Sometimes, you have moments where you feel, "Gee, if everyone in this place knew this bit of information that I have, I would be worshipped as a minor goddess, like Persephone."

Or maybe it's just me. Bit of a problem with meglomania, I have.

This weekend, in Chi-town, I was at the Gap on Michigan Avenue. Got very cute, cheap fuschia ballet slippers for 10 bucks. Probably made by toddlers, but there you are.

At said store, "All These Things That I Have Done" came on over the stereo, and all that I could think of, "Jesus, I'm good friends with a lot of people who went to high school with Dave Keuning." (Word up, Carrie's O(W) and D(S), Jimmy C, Plants and Tommy DK:)

And, I felt very smug and cool, if only for a moment. But, that's what it's all about, innit?

(The song sounded great, and there was more than one person singing along to "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier)." I felt like I was in on a great f-ing joke, you know, when you feel smarter than everyone in the room. But, only for a moment.

No comments: