Wednesday, May 30, 2007

She may be many things,

but DAMN, La Moss is one cool bitch*. As is La Ditto. And I say that in the most respectful of tones.

The Gossip frontwoman Beth Ditto has declared new best pal Kate Moss "amazing." The unlikely pair have bonded in recent months and, speaking in this week's NME, Ditto has revealed that they are in agreement about one major issue.

"Kate is amazing. I spent one night talking to her and she just said the most amazing things about bodies," explained Ditto. At first I didn't think I was going to like her, but she just turned up to one of our shows and said, 'Do you know what I hate, Beth? I hate it when people tell my big girlfriends, 'You have a beautiful face...' I mean, that's a really radical concept."

She added: "You can't hate a person for dieting, and you can't blame a person for feeling shit about themselves. You have to blame the machine that feeds it, the thing that makes people feel like that. There are lots of things that are part of that machine, and it's too easy to lay the blame at the feet of women - men don't know what it feels like to be a woman and be expected to look a particular way all the time.

I had those conversations with Kate, and Kate agreed with me about it. She's a smart person."


*and also really, really, really good at spotting trends.

No comments: