Friday, December 28, 2007

Now this is interesting

Xenomania* (Brian Higgins et al) is producing Franz's new album? REALLY? That is so cool!

Indie-rock purists might be shocked by Franz’s likely choice of producer: They’ve recorded tracks with Brian Higgins, a British pop hitmaker who’s previously worked with Kylie Minogue, Cher and the girl group Girls Aloud. “It appeals to my contrary side,” says Kapranos. “And I don’t like the distance between bands and pop music there is now. Dr. Dre or Timbaland or the Neptunes are making the songs you’ve never heard before, not the indie kids strumming their fucking guitars.”**


*producers of Girls Aloud's brand of innovative pop music
**may I point out that I have absolutely nothing against indie kids strumming their guitars, fucking or otherwise.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that even though I spent the concert giggling at Franz's outfits, the new stuff was kinda cool in a Duran Duran sort of way so this would work well for it.