Thursday, May 01, 2008

Random bits

-This weekend at the shop, we have 2 weddings, including the daughter of our lead designer. I'm in charge of the other one, which features a young and picky bride, and am currently figuring out how I'm going to make it from setting up the latter, to attending the former. Of course, they're in different towns.*

-Today, I was examining my nails, and lamenting their lack of length/polish, and trying to schedule a time to rectify this. After getting a big eye roll from Patti, we decided that they would be fantastic if they weren't dirty, let alone manicured.

-When ordering Chinese takeout from a local grocery store today, I assumed my best professional phone manner, and said one of the dumbest things ever.

"I'd like to speak to someone in Chinese."


Not "I need to order Chinese takeout." Instead, telling the poor, probably amused operator that I'd like to speak a language that I don't even know how to say "hello" in.

On the plus side, I made the mother of the bride laugh her skinny arse off.

*We're talking 15 miles distance here, but still... I'm going to be careening around the countryside, dodging tractors and such, attempting to apply makeup while keeping the delivery van out of ditches and ravines...

No comments: