Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cool

While waiting for my sister to compete at the Iowa State Girls Track meet in the late '90s, I remember watching Lolo Jones run the 100M hurdles.

As I recall, my brother and I turned to each other and said, "Holy shit. HOLY SHIT."

And now she's an Olympian. Too cool.

When former Des Moines Roosevelt star Lolo Jones lined up for the 100-meter hurdle semifinals on Sunday at the Olympic Trials, the 25-year old Jones struggled to outrun her own emotions before attempting to outkick the top hurdlers at that distance in the United States.


And this is just awesome-

Winning a world 60-meter hurdles indoor title earlier this year in Valencia, Spain, and a growing list of sponsors also allowed Jones to lend a hand to her home state.Jones donated her earnings from the Olympic trials - $4,000, to be matched by her sponsor Asics, according to WHO-TV - to flood victims in Iowa.

No comments: