Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Not good

One of my adorable, intelligent and awesome nieces, Wee O- aged 2, has recently started putting herself in "time out" when she becomes overly excited.

Seriously.

She gets all worked up, says "out, out," and goes and sits in the hallway for a bit. When she's calmed down, she takes herself out.

She's 2. That's scary smart. Of course, her mommy is a smarty and her daddy is a surgeon, so it's par for the course.

My point?

Today, I was grumpy and easily irritated- nothing was going right, I was screwing shit up left and right, the state of the world was freaking pissing me off... we've all had those days.

So, when it became obvious that we weren't going to be extraordinarily busy, I buggered off work an hour early and went home and took a nap.

Essentially, I put myself in "time out."

Am operating on same level as toddler niece. Oh dear.

No comments: