Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Dear God

As I've mentioned, I'm doing the flowers for one of my best friends from college's wedding this weekend.

What I haven't mentioned is that I'm slowly losing my mind. I'm so distracted and stressed out, I've-

1. Set my iPod down somewhere in the house, and don't have a bloody clue where it is

2. Haven't been able to sleep (BOO!) or eat (YAY!) for the past week

3. Keep second (and third and fourth) guessing myself on the amount of fresh and supplies I'm going to need to schlep to Chicago for the blessed event

And today did not help. I-

1. Looked at the tab for the umpteen million mini calla lilies for said blessed event, and nearly died/crapped myself/passed out/combination of these things.

Two bucks more a stem than I quoted initially. Cost of fuel is impacting shipping costs. THANKS, CHIMPY! Lovely war we're having.

2. Upon running the new numbers in my head, I had a panic attack and broke out in hives. Seriously. I'm a nervous wreck on a good day, and this... this was not a good day.

3. Then my jeans fell down. See #2 on the first list. No, not the not-sleeping bit. The other one. Thankfully, I was alone in the shop/had cute knickers on.

The bleeding ulcer I've been working on for years is quickly becoming a reality.

I'm praying to St. Anthony (for the iPod) and St. Preston Bailey (for the flowers). Oh, and Jesus. Because that's how I roll.

I am so sorry for that last bit.

No comments: