Monday, March 20, 2006

Arctics



Imagine if the Strokes were British, and had spent their formative years listening to the Jam.

That would about sum it up.


Honestly, the Arctic Monkeys concert that I attended on Saturday night in Chi-town, was one of the best I've ever been to.

And I'm not just saying that because I was 25 feet from the stage. Or because the Metro is about a block away from the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field. Or because Alex was channeling Morrissey, walking out on stage with carnations in his back pocket. Utterly fantastic. Or because Casey Jo and I would not turn down an opportunity to, ahem, get to know Jamie, the guitarist. We know we're total pervs, as the boy is 19. But what a cutie!

Also, they have the proper respect for Paul and Noel. Good boys:)




No comments: