Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Several questions

Full disclosure here. Despite the fact that I am very open-minded, groovy and multi-cultural and everything, the Black-Eyed Peas (the musical group, not the lovely food) annoy the hell out of me. Specifically, Fergie.

I used to think that it was just the song 'My Humps,' but no, it's her. And I try, as a rule, to stay away from bashing females, because of the rampant anti-female vibe that often lies underneath said bashing.

Why does she irritate me? Because of crap like this.

The woman responsible for introducing “fergilicious” into our pop-cultural vocabulary recently sat down with Vibe and calmly explained that those who mock her voice mock God. “I may not have the type of voice you like, but I can sing,” the Dutchess reportedly said. “You can’t take that away from me, ‘cause singing is a gift from God, and when people say I can’t sing, it’s kind of like insulting God.”


Okay, why is it necessary to bring God into it? Also, if mocking her voice is mocking the Big Guy (or Girl- again, I'm very groovy and non-gender specific in the addressing of deities), then it wouldn't be a big stretch to say Fergie herself not liking her face would be disrespectful to the Person Upstairs. So why would you (allegedly) have massive amounts of 'work' done? Wouldn't that be against God's Plan? Hmmmm?

No comments: