Thursday, August 30, 2007

Shut the hell up, Rep.Rants

And you too, Gov. Culver. For fuck's sake, Chet. I voted for you. I will be calling you on Tuesday. You KNOW better. And don't even get me started on Rants. He seems to be a bit preoccupied with the butt, if you get my drift.

Love is a precious commodity, and stable families a blessing. Who cares about the composition of said families except for a bunch of narrow-minded jackasses? Let's work on the getting out of an illegal war and an impending depression, and "worry" about the gays later.....

Tomorrow, I am so calling the flower shops in DM and sending bouquets to the couples getting hitched. Why? Because we speak florist, and there are weddings. Brides, male or female, need a posy.

I simply do not understand how two people declaring their love for the other becomes such a big deal.

For the moment, I am EXTREMELY proud of being from Iowa.



DES MOINES - A Polk County judge on Thursday struck down Iowa's law banning gay marriage and ordered the county recorder to permit gay and lesbian couples to wed. Less than two hours after word of the ruling was publicized, two Des Moines men applied at the Polk County recorder's office for a marriage license, and for the first time the application was accepted. The process of granting a license to marry in Iowa takes three days.

.....

House Minority Leader Christopher Rants, R-Sioux City, said the judge's ruling illustrates the need for a state constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. "I can't believe this is happening in Iowa," he said. "I guarantee you there will a vote on this issue come January."

No comments: