Monday, September 22, 2008

If I lived to be 300,

and spent every minute of that time attempting to be cool, I still could not be even a fraction as cool as Ronnie Spector.


Where do you go to (my lovely)?


I'm going to the UK. It's the greatest thing in the world. When I was there for the first time, in 1964, that's when I knew I was a star. The Rolling Stones and the Yardbirds were our opening acts. One time, our bus got stuck in fog, so me and Keith Richards went across the street, to a stranger's house. When we knocked on the door I said, "Hi, I'm Ronnie of the Ronettes," and Keith said, "Hi, I'm Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones. We're hungry. We don't have any food and our bus can't move because of the fog." The lady said, "Come on in," and gave us a basket of scones and a jug of tea. Today that wouldn't happen.

No comments: