Friday, October 14, 2005

This article is making me crazy. Okay, crazier. Glastonbury 2007

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1572661.html?menu=entertainment.pop
">Link

When I saw this, I started jumping up and down and screaming. More than usual.

Glastonbury Festival is one of the major summer music festivals in the U.K. It's taking a hiatus next year, but will be back in '07. This summer's lineup included, but is not limited to the following artists: Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, M.I.A. (absolutely fabo female Brit of Sri Lankan extraction rapper- no, that is not an oxymoron), Van Morrison, Elvis Costello, The Killers (whose guitar player, Dave Keuning, is representing Pella, Iowa), Coldplay, Basement Jaxx (my current favs), and has hosted on previous occasions- Paul McCartney, Oasis (my guys), and Robbie Williams.

This is crazy-making for 2 reasons. First of all, I'm going to be absolutely dying for about, oh, 16 months, before they announce the actual line up. The headliner "isn't American?" THAT narrows it down. Second, I realize, even if I knew who was playing, I'd have to sell my soul to Satan to get tickets. I'd even camp at the festival willingly.

This is a telling statement on how bad I want to go, as I detest camping. Why would you camp when there are perfectly good hotels? Also, I hate porta-potties. Even though I would look darling in Glasto gear- rubber boots, flowing skirts, carrying a beer- much like my girl, Kate Moss, or Gwyneth Paltrow. Though ever so slightly less supermodelly. And obviously without Pete Doherty's crackhead ass, and Chris Martin. This is how desperately I want to go. Supadupabad.

No comments: