Friday, May 25, 2007

Obsessions

Even with we obsessive fangirls, the muse leaves us-so to speak- every now and again. When this happens to me, musically, I return to the bands I love more than anything (The Jam, The Roses, Oasis, Primal Scream), and then build back up....

As part of the re-building up process, I've been listening to A LOT of the Manic Street Preachers.

Why? It's festival season in the Motherland, and strings and grandiose choruses sound fantastic when shouted along to by thousands of hammered people. The Manics do both of those really, really well. And the whole pinko Commie and eyeliner and dress wearing-things appeal to me. Again, A LOT.

Along my prediction of 'Fluorescent Adolescent' by Arctic Monkeys as the festival anthem of the summer, let me add 'Autumn Song' by the Manics. It's just lovely.

No comments: