Friday, October 28, 2005

NKOTB

Though I am a complete Anglophile (working class) rock snob now, this was not always the case. Back in junior high, my favorite group was, shudder, New Kids On the Block. Yes, I just said that. Hey, I was 13, give me a break. At least it wasn't Stryker!

I loved NKOTB for many, mostly peer-pressure-related reasons, that make me cringe now. Madonna and Prince were a bit too much for my pre-sexual self, but the New Kids were okay somehow. Though now, looking back, I think that I loved them so, was because Donnie Wahlberg scared me a little. In a "good" way. (Not just because of the righteous mullet).

That confession aside, the scary man, Mr. Donnie Wahlberg, is on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. Watch, if simply for the reason that he was unbelievable in "Band of Brothers" and "Boomtown." Such a great actor.

No comments: