Tuesday, July 03, 2007

You know

I don't really think that anyone who, in order to avoid the draft, shat themselves, took pride in the screwing of underage girls and was a member of DAMN fucking YANKEES,* should be casting any stones in the direction of hippies.

As for this from "Father Ted" blaming-


“stoned, dirty, stinky hippies” for “rising rates of divorce, high school
drop-outs, drug use, abortion, sexual diseases and crime, not to mention the
exponential expansion of government and taxes.”

Because, you know, divorce was non-existent, dropping out, drugging, unplanned pregnancies, STDs and crime were unheard of, government was small and taxes weren't a reality before the Summer Of Love.

No, no, no- the damned dirty hippies caused all of that to change..... The patchouli made them all-powerful. And eeeevil.

*rolls eyes*

Before the damn dirty hippies took over, they walked to school uphill both ways in the winter, and LIKED it. And only bathed once a month. I see that some old habits die hard....

I have to say, if being sober like the Nuge causes you to go on a Grandpa Simpson-esque rant to Rolling Stone, well, spark it up, my friends. Because the alternative ain't pretty.

*that was a low blow. My apologies.

2 comments:

Kazza said...

Leave the poor man alone.

He's clearly senile.

;)

CyFlorist said...

Have to admit, politics aside, I do harbor a bit of a grudge towards Ted.

My first boyfriend's (the one who broke my heart and turned me into the cynical bitch that I am) dad used to go bow-hunting with the Nuge, and talked about him. All. The. Time.

And he's senile ;)