Wednesday, May 02, 2007

"Oh, the boy's a slag"

Well done, Messieurs Turner, Cook, O'Malley and Helders.













Arctic Monkeys have entered the US album chart at Number Seven with their second LP Billboard'Favourite Worst Nightmare'.

The album fared better than 2006 debut LP 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not', which entered at Number 24.


Seriously, Al's lyrics are incredible. He's freaking 21. A baby. I was still not applying myself in college at that point, not writing Top Ten albums.

At that age, I would have written something like:


He loved me,
I loved him.
He dumped me for the sorority whore with too much makeup on.

Slamming drinks, manipulating the dj,
Woooo, 'The Rain Song.'
Gaaawwwdd, I think he's hot.
The cycle starts again.

Where am I? How did I get here? Who is this guy?

Enter the walk of shame.....

Shit, we're out of beer,

To the Keg Shop!

Ooo, I think he's hot.
The cycle starts again.


Or something equally profound.

*rolls eyes*



No comments: