Friday, May 04, 2007

Hooky and Rowetta

Now this is interesting.....

MANCHESTER music stars Rowetta and Peter Hook are joining forces to raise money for Cancer Research.

The Former Happy Mondays singer and New Order's bassist Hooky are to perform reworkings of classic New Order and Joy Division tracks at the huge Impossible Dream Project gig at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff this December.

The pair came up with the idea after they played a few Joy Division classics together at a small private gig in Manchester and the reaction was very positive.

Rowetta, partying at trendy new Altrincham bar Opulence, told me: "I know that certain Joy Division fans are quite protective of the legacy of singer Ian Curtis.

"I can totally understand that.

"So I was really pleased when me and Hooky played a few tracks together that we got such a good reaction. It was lovely to see."

No comments: