Thursday, May 03, 2007

Indie anthems 30-11

Here's the next round. Again, my comments are in lavender (if you actually care;)

11. The Smiths - 'This Charming Man'
(love it, love it. My co-workers don't appreciate Moz yet, but give me time)

12. The Stone Roses - 'She Bangs The Drums'
(If I could have a song's babies, it would be this one)

13. The Libertines - 'Can't Stand Me Now'
(I love it that during Libs performances, Carlos and Peter always looked like they wanted to punch each other in the throat or make out. Possibly both)

14. Oasis - 'Don't Look Back In Anger'
(I have no words. I love this song so much)

15. Blur - 'Song 2'
("Woooo Hooooo")

16. Franz Ferdinand - 'Take Me Out'

17. The Stone Roses - 'I Wanna Be Adored'
(I KNEW IT!)

18. The Verve - 'Bitter Sweet Symphony'
(I adore this song, and would like to say, as a Rolling Stones fan, that Jagger is a complete dick for suing them over this song. ESPECIALLY SINCE KEEF WROTE THE FUCKING ORCHESTRAL VERSION OF 'THE LAST TIME')

19. Joy Division - 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'
(thought this would be top ten)

20. Joy Division - 'Transmission'

21. The Smiths - 'Panic'
("Hang the DJ, hang the DJ")

22. The Breeders - 'Cannonball'
(Played a million times when my bestest friend and I went to the Greek Getaway weekend, an attempt to recruit for sororities, at Iowa State in 1994. It took for her, not for me)

23. The Gossip - 'Standing In The Way Of Control'
(Beth Ditto is one cool bitch)

24. Babyshambles - 'Fuck Forever'
(You read the lyric and start to realize what all the fuss is about Mr. Doherty)

25. Oasis - 'Supersonic'
("Give me Gin and tonic")

26. Radiohead - 'Creep'
(the only Radiohead song I own)

27. Oasis -' Wonderwall'

28. Pavement - 'Cut Your Hair'

29. Arcade Fire - 'Rebellion (Lies)'

30. Manic Street Preachers - 'A Design For Life'

No comments: