Saturday, September 08, 2007

Freaking spectacular

Great. My team lost to a I-AA school. A I-AA school that two of my siblings graduated from. Fucking wonderful. I'm not answering my damn phone tomorrow.

AMES, Iowa (AP) -- Eric Sanders passed for two touchdowns and ran for another and Northern Iowa kept Iowa State winless under new coach Gene Chizik with a 24-13 victory Saturday night.

Northern Iowa (2-0), a member of the Football Championship Subdivision, looked much stronger and sharper than its Big 12 opponent, which coughed up four turnovers and rarely established any consistency on offense.

And while the outcome won't rock the nation in the manner of Appalachian State's upset of Michigan, it was still satisfying for the Panthers, who ended a five-game losing streak to Iowa State (0-2) in front of the largest crowd ever at ISU, 56,795.

No comments: