Thursday, September 06, 2007

Things that could only happen to me (work edition)

Our stereo at work? Complete shit. And I should know- I bought the damn thing in March and paid 45 bucks for it.

My point? The CD player skips like a mother, so I'm forced, FORCED I TELL YOU, to burn discs on a semi-regular basis to listen to when we're working our magic. (this is how I've been able to turn everyone I work with into a Kasabian, Primal Scream, Libertines, The View and Girls Aloud fan)

However, they are currently acting like insane bitches. We were listening to a Roses mix CD that contained 'Elephant Stone,' when I went into the cooler to get some fleurs. I came out of the cooler to find my freaking mom and Jen singing 'Cum On Feel The Noize'* over it. They claim they sound the same. Now, I concede that it is possible they contain some of the same chords (I think everyone from Manchester of a certain age is a Glam fan), but I remain unconvinced.

My question? Are my mom and J on some type of previously undiscovered hallucinogen or am I the insane bitch?




and



*yes, this is the Oasis cover of the Slade tune. I prefer it to the original. Mainly because Our Kid is much better looking than Noddy Holder. Sue me.

No comments: