Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I am frickin' old

Lord. I was out delivering a few floral arrangements just about the time that my town's high school let out for the day.

So there were a few dodgy drivers about, let's just say. I myself was an excellent driver as a teenager. Snicker.

I was minding my own business, driving along, listening to 'Death On The Stairs' for the MILLIONTH time this week, when I was nearly rear-ended by a car full of teenagers.

Your point, Cy?

I think I may have actually shook a fist at them. And may have yelled something like "Damn kids!" Then I kind of wanted to die. Because I was about 2 seconds from shouting "AND YOUR ROCK AND ROLL!"

To make myself feel less ancient tonight, I'm painting my fingernails silver. And listening to The Libs. Again. How this is postponing my downward slide into the geriatric ward, I have no idea. But however decrepit I am, I can still appreciate Carlos in a vest.


No comments: