Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Cover albums

While I find the songs that bands cover to be quite interesting, this looks like a trainwreck to me.

A big, huge, potentially nuclear trainwreck.

Maybe as bad as the time that Duran Duran thought it'd be a good idea to cover 'White Lines (Don't Do It).'

Featuring Poison's original members, POISON'D presents the band's first new studio recordings since 2002's Hollyweird. Produced by Don Was at Hensen Recording Studios in Hollywood, POISON'D packs 13 explosive tracks, including new recordings of David Bowie's "Suffragette City," The Cars' "You're Just What I Needed," The Romantics' "What I Like About You," Sweet's "Little Willy," The Marshall Tucker Band's "Can't You See" and The Rolling Stones' "Dead Flowers."

2 comments:

Kazza said...

That sounds like an album of William Hung proportions.

CyFlorist said...

I'm not thinking that it can be worse than Def Leppard's cover album.

Though if they ruin 'Suffragette City' for me, I will personally find Bret Michaels and beat the shit out of him. CC, too.