Monday, April 02, 2007

Dior Homme shakeup

from the horse's mouth. Hedi Slimane's account of why he left Dior.

Via his official website Hedi Slimane has spoken out for the first time about his split from Dior Homme. "I tried to make things work for about a year. However, I had the feeling it was not the right project for me. There are areas I will not compromise with at all when it comes to my work," he said. Dior announced Slimane's replacement last week as Belgian designer Kris Van Assche. Choosing to set the record straight in a lengthy statement on his website, Slimane also dispelled rumours about starting up his own label. "Perhaps in another time in my life, under other circumstances, my name and the management of a company under my own label would be considered differently." Citing unwillingness to compromise on his designs, Slimane added: "I had no other choice than to refuse the kind of proposition that was made and to decline a new Dior Homme contract. I decided to walk away from Dior and move entirely forward."



No comments: